Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Latest.

This past weekend, we received news that the judge on our case decided she couldn't do any more with our case, so she sent it to another Court nearer to where 'our family in question' lives. This is approximately 30 miles southwest of Guatemala City (where everything in our case has taken place up to this point).

It has been two years now that they have been trying to determine whether or not this "grandmother" and her family are related to Olivia. More specifically during this last year, these folks have not shown one bit of interest in her. Not. One. Bit. Instead of granting us our Certificate of Adoptibility so that our case could simply move forward and alleviate any more delays and hardship on Olivia, the Court feels the need to cater to this family and give them every opportunity to take her away from us. We just don't get it.

The most difficult part of this is that there is a good possibility that Olivia would be moved to an orphanage in this new town. Olivia is still in the home where she's been for the last 16 months and right now, we're doing whatever we can to assure she stays there. Moving her and once again taking her away from everyone and everything she knows would be devastating.

We are asking for your prayers. Please pray that Olivia will be able to stay where she is until such a time that she would be allowed back with her foster family or until she would come home to us. Any more disruption in her life would surely do long-lasting harm.

Also please keep our attorney in prayer as she will have much more to contend with during this new Court situation and the uncertainty of the ever-changing rules and requirements of the process as it stands now.

Don't misunderstand, God is in control and we are still very hopeful that Olivia will come home to us and we know that even though things in Guatemala seem to have taken a turn towards resolving the remaining cases, we understand we've still got a long row to hoe. We just don't want any more unnecessary, inconsiderate things to happen to Olivia while we're waiting for resolution. We have to do everything we can to protect her.

Thanks again for your prayers, concern and support! It is appreciated so much!